Jesse Smith Seminar
The workshop will focus on a step-by-step process of creating characters for tattoo application. Jesse will touch on topics such as:
- Ideation: How to come up with interesting ideas/concepts.
- Thumbnails: Creating a composition that compliments the body.
- Reference: Using reference to make your characters more believable.
- Value Study: How to use values to help create contrast and form.
- Light: How to pick an interesting light source which will help communicate your characters form.
- Color: Choosing an interesting palette and using color to create contrast and form.
- Digital Techniques: Jesse will be using the application Procreate and will share techniques that can be used via various digital devices or other programs.
Attendees should expect to bring whatever media they feel most comfortable using in a 6 to 8 hour workshop setting.
Seminar availability is limited to 30 participants.